Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cold Turkey

You know that pesky, shrinking job market that seems to keep coming up in the news? Well, it just came up, in our household. My dear husband got laid off on Friday. No worries for us though: We're choosing not to freak out about it. It's all talk of new opportunities... and more time together... and reassessing priorities... and potential... and lots of other kumbaya thoughts. I know it's only been 4 days since the news, but it's working so far. Go ahead and forward any extra positive vibes in our direction though, just in case.

Well, along with all the positive thinking, we're being realistic too. The budget is in full force! Soooo you know that gluttonous confession I posted a few days ago regarding my ice cream addiction? Yeah, not really in the budget anymore. After the tub, okay tubs, that still remain in the freezer are emptied, we will not be making our frequent trips to Braum's. We'll see how it goes... Here is my meditative thought to help us through this economically-slumpy sort of day:

I'm looking for a little character growth over here, people. It's cold-turkey time. Ready, set, go (Right after that last bowl)!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

I'm truly sorry to read that about your husband.
Just in case though...
Positive vibes sent! Positive encouragement sent! Here are to new opportunities, building character and kicking that ice cream addiction. Things will be okay.

Kotori said...

I'm thinking of you and your sweet family - I know how tough this can be, but you guys will make it through and be stronger because of it. Positive vibes definitely being sent your way!

Megan Coyle said...

I hope your family is doing okay--times are hard at the moment, but hopefully soon everything will look up. I think your positive thinking is a wonderful way to respond to the situation. I can only strive to think this way.