Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Spending Hiatus: Dreaded Confessions



Okay, so here goes my spending hiatus disclosure: From Target, I got two shirts, yoga pants, and some superfluous tops to add to my daughter's school clothes stash. Oh, and I also bought these sandals from Dillard's (although I'm still deliberating on whether I will keep them). Did I mention that we got a Flip Video? Yeah, that too. Seriously, we must have had spending-hiatus-amnesia.

The problem here isn't really the purchases as much as it is my frame of mind. I've been hearing the words "Oh, I need that" slipping out of my mouth all too often, when I clearly don't need anything of the sorts. I miss the simpleness of not spending. Don't get me wrong: I am so thankful to be in the tricky situation of having some money to budget. I just need to grab ahold of the budget reins and get this wagon back on the right trail. It's a slippery slope, folks. I need to regain my footing.

On a way brighter note, I'm featured on The Lovely List today! Brandy is compiling post upon post of the truly lovely blogs that I could seriously sit and read on all day long. And then she goes and features me? I'm not really sure what to say, but I'm not going to question it. I'm just going to continue feeling all lovely inside. Do pop over there to say hello. Leave a blog-you-find-lovely suggestion in your comment to help her perpetuate this site she's creating, and be sure to tell her I said to say hello and thanks! To make it all the lovelier, Brandy is giving away an awesome cruiser bike to everyone who leaves their lovely thoughts. Mighty lovely, eh?

Have a lovely day!

10 comments:

ms. less is always more said...

I hear you on the "simplicity" of not spending. I just bought fall clothes for the kids - I like to do it all in one big chunk (saves me from picking up a little something here and a little something there). But now it is honestly hard to not think of just picking up a new television (I know, crazy!) or planning a huge vacation (delusional!). This past winter we spent NO money at all (because we didn't have it) and it kind of felt good!

Stylestance said...

Congrats on The Lovely List! So unsurprising and well deserved. I just visited there and left you a little love :)

Kotori said...

Congrats on being featured on the Lovely List. So fun! I'll have to go and check it out!

Jenny said...

I really want a Flip but before that I need a new computer!

christina said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. I think we all suffer from spending hiatus amnesia every once in a while. :)

I'm off to check you out on the Lovely List now.

xo

Charity said...

It happens sometimes - don't beat yourself up! The important thing is that you see it, that you're thinking about it, you know? :o)

Congrats on being featured on the Lovely List - I saw you there this morning, and was so pleased!

Bee said...

Hi there. Just found you on the Lovely List and I am going to bookmark you. I don't know when I'm going to find the time to keep up with everyone. =)

I hear you about the spending thing. I am trying to regain control myself. We just got a Flip too and love it. I told myself that I needed it because my boys were getting so big and I had no video of them when they were little.

If you can figure out how to stop spending, let me know.

Bee

down and out chic said...

congrats, your blog is quite lovely and you should be proud!

our little love nest said...

Ooooh I am smitten with your image up top...that is me most of the time....oh the shame.

You on the other hand are doing great with spending. You are thoughtful and make wonderful decisions in my very humble opinion. You should see our back to school fiasco of spending and I really do strive to not be so consumer-esque in our lifestyle.

I love the post on The Lovely List about you. It is so perfectly YOU! xoxo

littlebyrd said...

Congrats on your feature! I just love that picture you picked to go along with this post - so cute and it made me smile :)