Thursday, February 11, 2010

Malbec Anyone?


{1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8}*

I'm still doing just fine on that wine resolution I made. While I'm still partial to Pinot Noir, I've found a new love: Malbecs. So yummy. All of these qualify in the original budget category and got a thumbs up from me and the hubby.

Malbec
Malbec
Malbec

Oh, and we ventured outside the under $15 category, and bought a high-roller bottle (well, it was still only $27, but way high for this budget-conscience gal). It was so good. Seriously, so good.

Cabernet Sauvignon

Have you tried any good wines as of late? I've got a red Zinfandel on the docket for this weekend, and it looks like my weekend is here before I knew it. My man is coming home tonight, a day early! Definitely reason to celebrate. Happy (early) weekend to you!

*I'm told that clear wine glasses are the best for drinking wine so you can see the true color of it, but my vintage colored wine glasses make me so happy that this matters not. I thought you might just think so too.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

I have to try a Malbec. Sounds great. I am partial to petite syrahs lately.

Cathy said...

I've discovered a new (to me) merlot that I think is fabulous: Dancing Bull. I buy it at Krogers (grocery store chain in the South) and it's about $10 a bottle.

p.s. love you vintage wine glass collection and think you should drink wine from any kind of container you want to!!! ha.

teresa-bug said...

I love Red Zin!!!

Iva said...

oh these are lovely!! I'm really not much of a wine drinker....actually I rarely ever drink anything other then water. If I have it with a wedge of lemon, I'm living on edge and being a rebel that day lol ;)

Jill said...

Hello! I'm a new follower- I just discovered your blog from knack studios. I too am a lover of good quotes, especially ones that have to do with faith, family, and being who you're meant to be. i use sentiments that speak to me in my artwork, and hope to inspire others too. I'd love it if you'd stop by and visit! I'll be sure to check in with you again soon!
http://thingswithwingsartjournal.blogspot.com

Taylor @ Jimmy Choos and a Baby Too said...

YUM!!! Have yall tried Rex Goliath Merlot? IT is amazing and cheap....oh wait inexpensive ;) I love your new layout!

Blueprint Bliss said...

My two favorites (one white and one red):
Cono Sur's Sauvignon Blanc (super cheap)
La Crema's Pinot Noir (on the high side for me)

LOVE both of them.

Iva said...

ps Happy Valentines Day!! ;)

elan said...

Hey, nice blog! Thanks for including my set of amber wine glasses in your great selection of finds!
Myself, I'm hooked on big bold reds and if I really indulge it is anything by Owen Roe from Washington.
Happy Valentines and Tet.