Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Daily Motivation


I've deducted that I'm logically creative... Creativity doesn't come naturally to me. I definitely have an appreciation for it and am continually in awe of the things that are being created around me. When I come up with (what I consider to be) a neat idea, it's usually some sort of solution for me. It's connected to me thinking I need something.

For example, the framed meal planner. I had set the goal to plan our meals and I was searching for a fun, easy way to keep track of them. I found a few options to work with and then came up with my version and the printable little guys. The family rules came about much in the same way. Little gal was going through a r-o-u-g-h patch and was testing us at every step. I had seen a posted set of rules at a friend's house and decided to make my own. So, you see, my creativity is somewhat left-brained. It doesn't quite flow. I've deemed it's more solution oriented.

My latest problem to be solved: Daily motivation. I had this cool old frame (another from my decorating savvy sis-in-law) that I've been leaning up on the mantle. I hadn't taken the time to remove the old wires and decided I'd use it to hang some vintage Valentines from it back in February. When I had to take them down (a good 2 weeks late), I missed them.



I decided this was the perfect spot for some daily motivation. I thought of three things I'd like to focus on everyday. This is the result:


And I thought others might like it too, so it's up in my etsy shop. These are downlaodable for you to print yourself, as many times as you'd like. I printed mine out on cardstock so they'd be stiff enough to hang, but they could be printed on paper and framed. Or used on a card. Or pinned up on the frig...



Have a wonderful day:
Living what you believe.
Praying before acting.
Enjoying this moment.

11 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

Great inspiration for the day!!

Kelli said...

Those are great thoughts. I'm not initially creative either, I usually get my ideas from other places.

Mary said...

Very nice idea. I'm very similar I think, although I think you beat me in the creativity department too. Your cards are lovely!

Jenny said...

That is a super cute idea! Love it!

Sunshine said...

I really love this idea. And those are three very good words to live by every day. Great post!

Down and Out Chic said...

i tend to view my creativity in much the same way that you do. going through art school was particularly challenging as creative ideas aren't exactly flowing from my brain. i think any effort in creativity is fantastic though, need driven or not!

paige said...

great idea!
love the frame & great words you choose....so true
& the colors are so fun
you are entirely too cute

xo

Cara said...

You captured us left brainers perfectly... there has to be a linear component - a need comes up and we have to find creative solutions... always solution oriented. So thankful I'm not alone in this! I can't justify creating something just for the sake of creating it.. it always has to have a solution or purpose or usefulness! Thanks for sharing this.... great message, great cards!

Kristin said...

What a killer idea! And your fireplace is SO gorgeous.

Em-Jae said...

Positively adorable!

Oooh, I really like your mantel, and those fun candle holders -- did you make them??

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

These are so cute! AND creative. :)